Facing Death: Nearing the End of Life
If you are reading this, chances are that you are facing the reality of your death soon. The time leading up to your death will offer many challenges, but also some meaningful opportunities. While you may not have the gift of extended time, you do have the chance to focus on the quality of time remaining.
As well, people nearing the end of life may have many questions, such as:
- What is going to happen to me?
- Have I done everything I should have done?
- Are there any other options?
- How much control will I have over my remaining life and my death?
- Will my wishes about my care be followed?
- How much pain and suffering will I have?
- How long am I going to have to go through this?
- Am I a burden to my family and friends?
Thinking about death can be scary and painful, but it is a time to address physical, spiritual, and emotional issues. Sharing your hopes, expectations, feelings, and concerns with your family and healthcare team can help you through this time.
There is a lot of information in the various sections of this website, and we hope you will find it comforting and helpful. But if it all becomes a bit overwhelming we are also here to help you. Please contact us at 250-752-6227.