How to Help
When you donate to the Oceanside Hospice Society you are helping people, many of whom may be your friends, neighbours and loved ones, when they need it the most. This can be a confusing and isolating time for many and our belief is that no one needs to experience it alone.
Oceanside Hospice Society relies on financial support from a variety of sources. We fund-raise for 100% of our operating needs. We work hard to raise funds to meet the ever-increasing need to care for people in our community, and it is because of our community’s great generosity that we exist. Without this support, we could not offer this most important service. One hundred percent of all funds raised are used to help our local community. Oceanside Hospice Society greatly appreciates your support of our programs and services.
A gift to Oceanside Hospice Society affords you the opportunity to ensure that we can continue to provide our present services and expand as the need arises. There are many ways you can contribute to our work.
Outright donations can be submitted online, through Canada Helps.org or through Paypal.
Our Non Profit Society number is: S-26406
Our CRA Charitable number is: BN 13960 4458 RR0001
Circle of Sustainability
Monthly donations are an easy way to give, and they sustain our overall mission – bringing quality support services to the lives of all who come to Valhalla. Your gifts allow us to plan longer-term financial commitments, and support the daily functioning of the community. Circle of Sustainability donations and are typically undesignated and help fund a variety of different initiatives.
As we approach our 25th anniversary in 2015 we recognize that Oceanside Hospice Society has been built on the generosity of each person to pass through our doors – whether it be through Self Care Friday offerings or financial contributions. Thank you! We look forward to another 25 years of giving and giving back, creating a sustainable community for future generations.
There are a number of ways of setting up an automatic monthly donation program.
In a world where you can buy books online, make travel arrangements online, and even buy groceries online, these non-profit donation sites make it simple to do your charitable giving online, safely.
2. By Telephone
We would be happy to take your call to set up any of the following:
Credit card – Recurring monthly, automatically being added to your statement.
Pre-authorized Deposit – A monthly pre-authorized withdrawal coming directly from your bank account.
Post-dated Cheques – You can also simply send us a series of post-dated cheques.
Oceanside Hospice Society is a registered non-profit charitable organization and receipts will be issued for all donations.
- An outright donation goes to work immediately.
- A monthly automatic contribution through your bank or credit card can add up to a significant annual gift.
- Memorial gifts honour a loved one. Remembering and celebrating the life of a loved one is important to bereaved families. Making a donation to the Oceanside Hospice Society in memory of your loved one can be a wonderful way to celebrate their life or to honour their birthday or another special occasion.
- Families may specify a gift to the Oceanside Hospice Society in lieu of flowers.
- Honorariums are great gifts for the person who has everything – whether for the holidays, a birthday or wedding, your gift in their honor will keep on giving by making a real difference in our own community.
- Gifts-in-kind are items that are used in the office or for our volunteer trainings.
- Bequests are designated in wills and administered by the Executor of the estate.
- Insurance – an insurance policy can be donated to Oceanside Hospice or Hospice can be named as a beneficiary. An Insurance Policy can also be taken out on an individual, with the donor donating the premium and Hospice owning and named as beneficiary of policy.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust lets you give today, generate immediate tax savings and still maintain the income from the donated asset that will be transferred to Hospice at a specified time or upon death. Funds in a charitable trust are held in a Trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuity lets you make an immediate gift to Hospice and receive in income for life.
- A gift of Capital property can reduce capital gains tax on a gift of appreciated capital property.
- Hospice can be named as the beneficiary of your RRSP or RRIF.
- Stocks or non registered investments. In-kind donations of publicly traded non registered investments can be a way of dealing with stock or mutual funds.
Donate a Car Campaign
- Donate your vehicle to the Oceanside Hospice Society to raise funds for us. Click here to find out more.