Equipment Loan Program Assistant – Student (Vacant)
REPORTING to the Operations & Resource Manager, the Equipment Loan Program Assistant provides support to the Equipment Loan Program.
- Assist in the delivery of the Equipment Loan Program
- Coordinate, prepare, and assist with equipment for delivery
- Maintain and ensure availability of all equipment including Equipment Loan Program Van
- Organize Equipment Warehouse
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
- This position is for a post-secondary student that was previously enrolled in full-time studies and will be returning to full-time studies in September.
- Ability to lift 25 to 35 lbs
- Knowledge and understanding of the philosophy of hospice palliative care and the needs of the dying, their families, and the bereaved would be ideal.
- Proficiency using MS Office programs.
Note: An Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of the team; ability to multitask in a changing work environment – handle competing demands and unexpected events.
- Tact & Diplomacy; Sensitivity to Confidentiality
- Caring and compassionate nature and communication style.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract is required.
Supervision – by Operations & Resource Manager.
Hours of Work: This position is a temporary .85 FTE working 30 hrs/wk for 13 weeks.
Financial Impact – $15 per hour
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
On Call Bereavement Counsellor (Vacant)
The On Call Bereavement Counsellor provides bereavement support to clients, families, and groups. The Bereavement Counsellor collaborates with the Client Services Coordinator to ensure integrated, comprehensive service delivery to the community.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & HOURS:
The Bereavement Counsellor is an on call position, with hours set according to program demands and fluctuating organizational workloads.
The Bereavement Counsellor reports to the Client Services Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Bereavement Counsellor is required to perform a range of duties including but not limited to:
Bereavement Program and Services:
Assists with bereavement client assessments;
Provides grief counselling to individuals, and families.
Administrative Duties Related to Client and Volunteer Programs and Services:
Provides required statistics and status reports;
Ensures accuracy, confidentiality and safekeeping of client records.
A: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Masters Degree in counselling and registered with the BCACC or CCPA; with a minimum of two years grief and loss counselling experience. Experience may be considered in combination with relevant education;
· Demonstrated knowledge of the grief process;
· Demonstrated knowledge of family systems;
· Demonstrated experience with anticipatory grief; compounded grief; complicated grief; and traumatic loss;
· Knowledge and understanding of the philosophy of hospice palliative care and the needs of the dying, their families and the bereaved.
B: APTITUDES AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to develop a working relationship with clients;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to organize and facilitate support systems;
· Ability to work in a highly confidential environment;
· Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of loss and grief;
· Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries in the face of sorrow, pain, and suffering;
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently;
· High degree of flexibility and initiative;
· Ability to represent Hospice in the community;
· Knowledge of Oceanside Hospice Society and local community resources an asset;
· Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development through workshops, conferences and professional publications related to grief, bereavement, loss, palliative care, individual and family counselling.
FINANCIAL IMPACT – $35 per hour
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.