Donate – How to Help
When you donate to the Oceanside Hospice Society you are helping people, many of whom may be your friends, neighbours and loved ones, when they need it the most. This can be a confusing and isolating time for many and our belief is that no one needs to experience it alone.
We have two annual fundraising campaigns. It is not necessary for you to wait until the campaign to contribute to its success. You may designate funds specifically to the Campaign, should you so choose, through direct donation to our office or online, using Canada Helps.
Hospice and Palliative Care month in Canada occurs during the month of May. Oceanside Hospice will advertise planned events which bring attention to end of life care.
As we approach the holiday season in November each year we begin the Memory Tree campaign. Events during the campaign include an open house and many festive community activities. Watch the mails for our annual mail out. And be sure to bring the mailed decoration back to us to hang on the Memory Tree at the Oceanside Hospice Centre for Palliative and Grief Support in Qualicum Beach.
Oceanside Hospice Society relies on financial support from a variety of sources. We work hard to raise funds to meet the ever-increasing need to care for people in our community, and it is because of our community’s great generosity that we can continue to provide services free of charge.
100% of all funds raised are used to help our local community. Oceanside Hospice Society greatly appreciates your support of our programs and services.
A gift to Oceanside Hospice Society affords you the opportunity to ensure that we can continue to provide our present services and expand as the need arises. There are many ways you can contribute to our work.
Types of Gifts:
- An outright donation goes to work immediately.
- A monthly automatic contribution through your bank or credit card can add up to a significant annual gift.
- Memorial gifts honour a loved one. Remembering and celebrating the life of a loved one is important to bereaved families. Making a donation to the Oceanside Hospice Society in memory of your loved one can be a wonderful way to celebrate their life or to honour their birthday or another special occasion.
- Families may specify a gift to the Oceanside Hospice Society in lieu of flowers.
- Honorariums are great gifts for the person who has everything – whether for the holidays, a birthday or wedding, your gift in their honor will keep on giving by making a real difference in our own community.
- Gifts-in-kind are items that are used in the office or for our volunteer trainings.
- Bequests are designated in wills and administered by the Executor of the estate.
- Insurance – an insurance policy can be donated to Oceanside Hospice or Hospice can be named as a beneficiary. An Insurance Policy can also be taken out on an individual, with the donor donating the premium and Hospice owning and named as beneficiary of policy.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust lets you give today, generate immediate tax savings and still maintain the income from the donated asset that will be transferred to Hospice at a specified time or upon death. Funds in a charitable trust are held in a Trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuity lets you make an immediate gift to Hospice and receive in income for life.
- A gift of Capital property can reduce capital gains tax on a gift of appreciated capital property.
- Hospice can be named as the beneficiary of your RRSP or RRIF.
- Stocks or non registered investments. In-kind donations of publicly traded non registered investments can be a way of dealing with stock or mutual funds.
How to Donate
Donations can be submitted online, through Canada Helps.org or through Paypal.
Oceanside Hospice Society is a registered non-profit charitable organization and receipts will be issued for all donations. Contact us at 250-752-6227.